Hiring Organization Information
The Associate, Finance provides support in finance functions to the Managing Director of Finance and
the Deputy Director of Finance including budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, revenue analysis
and various ad-hoc reports and projects as needed.
Finance and Administrative
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and cash flow projections for the
• Assist in the preparation of revenue and expense forecasts.
• Work with program teams to develop program level budgets & projections.
• Work with program teams in the monitoring of actual performance against the operating budget
and providing variance explanations.
• Perform revenue and expense trend analysis and prepare spreadsheets, graphs and charts to
help illustrate financial trends.
• Prepare project-based budgets to be used in requests to various funding sources including state
and federal funding.
• Participate in the development of a regular forecasting and analysis process. Document policies
and procedures regarding the process.
• Review transactions and prepare necessary accounting entries and reconciliations
• Contribute to ad hoc analytical projects
• Assist internal teams with developing and maintaining project plans
• Participate in project meetings internally and externally as needed
• Analyze and synthesize project expenditures against outcomes
• Help identify opportunities for greater project efficiencies
Contribution to a Learning Organization
• Enhance the organization’s capacity and effectiveness through participation in strategic learning
• Use data to improve programs and accelerate impact
• Contribute constructively to helping others improve progress and performance
• Manage and perform day-to-day activities for your area
• Assist in the implementation of strategy developed by supervisors and Educate Texas Leadership
and contribute to discussions regarding long-term strategy
• Help support budget oversight and maintenance, fundraising efforts, and communication pieces
for your area
• Minimum 3 years of finance/accounting experience with excellent analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Advanced Excel experience, with proficiency in financial modeling including P&L’s.
• Blackbaud experience a plus
• Non Profit experience a plus
• Knowledge of education issues in Texas, as well as on a national level a plus.
Skills & Requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Excellent problem-solving skills and process improvement skills
• Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude
• Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy
• Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple
projects at the same time
• Dedication to continuous improvement and learning, both as an individual and an organization
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of the position.