Hiring Organization Information
The Associate, Marketing and Communications will be based in the marketing department, report to the Director, Marketing and Communications and work collaboratively with the program, policy, insights, development and finance teams, and internal and external marketing resources to execute Educate Texas’ strategic marketing and communication initiatives. This position will be located in Dallas with occasional travel when necessary.
The marketing team uses an integrated, multi-faceted approach to marketing and communications projects and utilizes a broad range of tools such as collateral, direct marketing, digital marketing, social media, public relations, strategic alliances, events, advertising (TV, radio, print, interactive, outdoor) and promotions.
• Support Director with marketing and communication efforts to increase the awareness and understanding of the Educate Texas brand and in service of achieving its vision and mission.
• Take ownership to plan, coordinate and execute marketing efforts of assigned projects and drive end-to-end project management and execution to completion, both on time and within budget.
• Collaborate with appropriate Educate Texas and Communities Foundation of Texas staff and external partners and agencies in development of marketing and communications plans and tactics to ensure all opportunities to promote Educate Texas and its portfolio of work are being maximized.
• Define “success” and metrics for measurements of success within all marketing and communications plans to accomplish identified business objectives.
• Monitor and review defined metrics through the use of tracking tools such as dashboards, Google Analytics, social media metrics, etc. in order to summarize and report results and apply learnings to improve present marketing plans and future marketing efforts.
• Create and utilize standardized written documents to plan, develop, communicate, execute, manage, track and record marketing strategies, tactical details, activation timelines, and results.
• Keep track of budgets and ensure proper and timely submission and payment of invoices.
• Steward the equity of the Educate Texas brand to ensure marketing efforts, communications and designs remain on brand and achieve a cohesive presentation and consumable message within all marketing plans and across all marketing touchpoints.
• Manage execution and usage of marketing department’s owned assets such as website(s), electronic database and email marketing tool (Mail Chimp), social media platforms, intellectual property including graphics, logos, photos, videos, etc. to achieve team goals.
• Write, proofread and edit various marketing and communications elements such as web content, social content, collateral, newsletters, press releases, blogs, talking points, etc.
• Present marketing plans, progress and results to various stakeholders within and outside of Educate Texas and Communities Foundation of Texas.
• Assist with, and periodic presence at, various Educate Texas and Communities Foundation of Texas events (could include nights, weekends and holidays).
• Deliver consistent, conscientious, high-quality work through excellent attention to detail.