Hiring Organization Information
The Director of Marketing and Communications serves as the account executive and is responsible for defining and leading the marketing and communications strategy to elevate the brand, success and impact of Educate Texas and our programs, policies and partners. The Director of Marketing and Communications will collaborate with internal teams (program, policy, insights, development, finance) to develop marketing plans. They will partner and consult with the Director of Core Marketing,(Communities Foundation of Texas) to develop appropriate plans (such as creative, public relations, digital, copy writing, etc.) and determine necessary resources and approach to successfully execute, including the determination to engage external resources if necessary. The Marketing and Communications Director will seek to establish peer relationships with senior leaders across the state to increase the visibility of our efforts. This position will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer at Communities Foundation of Texas and be located in Dallas with occasional state travel.
• Develop and present annual marketing strategies, plans, deliverables and budget to accomplish key organizational goals
• Work with internal Educate Texas staff and partners to lead, plan and support marketing needs
• Establish project plans and processes to communicate across the organization (including Executive Leadership team)
• Partner with Director of Core Marketing and Communications, CFT, to develop successful strategic plans for Educate Texas teams and programs and execute to accomplish established goals
• Ensure organization materials are designed to build support among a varied audience such as policymakers, educators, philanthropy, business stakeholders and the general public
• Oversee relationships with vendors and partners to support and drive Educate Texas marketing needs (e.g., collateral, media kits, websites, etc.)
• Lead the management and execution of media events and Public relations efforts that promote Educate Texas’ key messages and impact
• Collaborate with different team members to staff and support events for Educate Texas conferences, meetings, learning tours, school visits and other events as identified
• Work with core CFT Marketing & Communications team to align Educate Texas with the broader CFT brand and platform
• Support ad hoc projects as needed.