Hiring Organization Information
The Real Estate Council and all related entities
Reports to the President
The Fundraising Officer for Texas’ largest Commercial Real Estate membership organization, its Foundation and Community Fund. The position is the senior fundraiser for TREC Foundation and TREC Community Fund and will advise the President on opportunities to increase awareness of TREC initiatives to the corporate and philanthropic community. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined strategy to amplify fundraising, volunteerism, educational programs and event sponsorships and enhance TREC’s brand equity and awareness. The candidate is also responsible for supervisory oversight of planning, organizing and staffing of our major fundraising events.
To provide vision, leadership and management of The Real Estate Council’s fundraising, sponsorship marketing, and event initiatives while maximizing profitability of all revenue centers and event gross margins. The position requires working across all departments of TREC to ensure that our marketing strategy around events, programs and membership is consistent.
The individual must be a confident, organized and creative professional, as well as an adept problem-solver. Must work effectively with member volunteers and manage committees, vendors and media outlets. The Director will provide strategic input to executive committee, board of directors and committee chairs. The Director is responsible for training, mentoring and inspiring staff to ensure all expectations of board, membership, and community are met. The position is also responsible for developing relationships with primary funders and cultivating new funding relationships.
Skill Requirements and Competencies:
• Communications: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly.
• Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database management (preference for Raiser’s Edge)
• Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
• Professionalism: Must be confident, organized, articulate and poised with the ability to represent TREC as an organization
• Leadership and Ethics: Inspires others and upholds organizational values. Commits to doing the best job possible and works with integrity and respect. Reacts well under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
• Dependability: Punctual, reliable and willing to go above and beyond for the good of the team. Must have a positive attitude.
• Innovative: Develops new approaches and ideas, displays creative thinking and willing to take on new challenges
• Time Management: Uses time efficiently and works in organized manner. Capable of prioritizing tasks, motivating team members, delegating projects and juggling competing priorities in fast-paced environment. Able to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects, balancing team and individual responsibilities.
• Strategic Thinking: Helps to develop and manage strategies to achieve organizational goals
• Teamwork: Contributes to building positive team spirit, puts success of team and organization above own interests
Local travel for meetings and volunteer support activities as requested and occasional evening and weekend work. Some early mornings and late evenings required.
This position requires the ability to set up and run meetings and events. As such, individuals should be able to meet physical demands and be able to lift up-to ten pounds.
Must have demonstrated success in a development position in related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience. 4-year college degree required.
Specific Job Duties Include:
• Develop fundraising strategy for multiple groups including members, corporations, foundations and government entities for TREC Foundation and Community Fund
• Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to develop and implement TREC’s financial strategy
• Actively work with the Foundation and Community Fund and the President to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc. Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program.
• Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
• Work across the organization to better cultivate donors and identify new ones. Leverage prospect management and prospect best practices.
• Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position TREC ahead of major funding changes or trends
• Monitor all donor information utilizing Raiser’s Edge; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders.
• Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors through continued engagement and reporting of impact and results
• Actively engage donors and prospects through volunteer opportunities and events, providing consistent follow-up pre- and post-event to secure commitments and move relationships forward with future funders
• Maintain a solid working knowledge of TREC programs and initiatives
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality as required of donor and volunteer relationships
Educational Program Sponsorships:
• Identify sponsors for educational programs, podcasts, newsletters and other publications
• Management of Special Events Coordinator with supervisory oversight of FightNight, Giving Gala and Casino Night; coordination and supervision of corporate sponsorships, committees, promotions, volunteers and budgeting
• Oversight of Special Events committees including sponsorship sales, table sales, event logistics, PR and marketing collateral
• Supervision of all production elements and logistics including audio visual, staging, décor, catering, venue and parking
• Responsible for the financial management of all special events, ensuring expenses are within acceptable industry standards and that net revenue is beneficial to the Foundation
• Work with Foundation Coordinator and Community Fund Coordinator in any activities including arranging tours and meetings and presentations from our collaborative partner.
• Work with Senior Director of Community Investment in any community investment initiatives.
• Represent the organization at events and programs hosted by The Real Estate Council organization
• Assist other organization employees as needed.
• Other special projects as identified