Hiring Organization Information
Job Title: Grants Assistant (two to five years of experience)
or Grants Associate (five to eight years of experience)
Applications Due by Friday, September 25, 2020
Responsible for processing grant applications to Kirkpatrick Foundation, reporting directly to the Executive Director. Process grant requests; interface with grantees and the public; assist in developing pertinent and relevant foundation documents; participate in projects and programs as assigned by the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may arise or may be assigned)
• Process grant applications, performing essential due diligence and evaluation.
• Conduct meetings and/or site visits with proposed grantees and summarize those site visits with written documentation.
• Ensure that all proposed grantees meet appropriate IRS legal standards and provide appropriate documentation.
• Summarize vetted grant request material for presentation to Executive Director and the Grants Committee.
• Evaluate and report on progress of approved grants, reporting to Executive Director and Trustees when of interest.
• Work with grant seekers whose ideas complement the foundation’s funding priorities and interests.
• Offer technical assistance and consultation to grant seekers and novice grant makers as helpful and within time constraints of the job.
• Work cooperatively with other foundation staff and/or organizations on various foundation-related issues, projects, and programs.
• Stay knowledgeable about community and national issues and trends that have impact on the work of the foundation and share this knowledge with the Executive Director and others when appropriate.
• Identify successful community organizations with which to build alliances.
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director in all aspects of grant-making.
Skills and Experience Required
• Research or clerical background with appropriate understanding of the foundation and/or nonprofit sector with demonstrated concern for the community.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree along with evidence of relevant continued professional development.
• Forward-thinking individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Sound technical, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Intelligent, articulate, and encouraging individual capable of relating to people at all levels of an organization.
• Solid communication skills; written and verbal.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others, listen, and build consensus.
• Organizational ability and flexibility to work with multiple, on-going projects.
• Ability to work with and expedite the objectives and intentions of the Executive Director.
• Ability and desire to introduce new forms of technology in order to improve workflow and keep up with advancements in the field.
Compensation will be set in accordance with the successful candidate’s experience and in alignment with regional standards. A comprehensive benefits package including health and dental benefits and a retirement plan will be offered. The position is exempt.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three or more references, addressed to the Executive Director, by USPS or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2020. Please, no phone calls.
About Kirkpatrick Foundation
Kirkpatrick Foundation is a 501c3 private foundation incorporated in Oklahoma. Founded in 1955 by John and Eleanor Kirkpatrick, the foundation funds a wide range of endeavors, primarily in Central Oklahoma, in the arts, culture, education, animal wellbeing, environmental conservation, and historic preservation. For further information, please visit the foundation’s website at www.kirkpatrickfoundation.com