Hiring Organization Information
The Program Officer position is one of two program officers responsible for coordinating and processing the outflow of Foundation funds to charities in the form of grants. Primary responsibilities include administering grants from advised funds, designated funds, field of interest funds and endowments, as well as administering the Foundation’s scholarship program. In addition, the Program Officers coordinate special events related to the Foundation’s grant programs such as scholarship awards programs, and assist other Foundation staff with donor recognition events and philanthropic educational events.
East Texas Communities Foundation (ETCF) is a growing community foundation serving 32 counties in East Texas. Established in 1989, ETCF supports philanthropy by offering simple ways for donors to achieve their long-term charitable goals. ETCF offers several types of flexible, low-cost and convenient charitable funds which can be utilized by individuals, groups or nonprofit organizations to meet their unique charitable objectives. In 2019, ETCF made over 1,700 grants totaling over $12.6 million to more than 500 different charitable organizations. ETCF currently manages approximately $116 million in assets in over 380 charitable funds.
• Superior organizational skills and ability to establish and maintain tracking systems
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven ability to multitask
• Clear, concise, informative and tactful verbal skills
• Excellent proofreading skills
• Excellent administrative and clerical skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel)
• Strong database skills and ability to manipulate data
• Ability and willingness to use and/or learn mail merge and other word processing and database functions (ETCF utilizes FIMS and SmarterSelect systems for grant programs)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Commitment and ability to work both independently and as part of small office team
• Commitment to providing high-quality service to donors, volunteers, non-profit constituents and colleagues
• Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and demonstrated respect for its constituents
This position description is intended to be general, will evolve over time, and is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.