A thriving Southwestern U.S. through the power of philanthropy
Foster meaningful philanthropy and trusted relationships that impact the southwest region’s people, communities, and most pressing issues
Who We Are:
Founded in 1949, Philanthropy Southwest is the most enduring association of grantmakers in the United States. We are the premier philanthropy serving organization in the Southwestern United States, with hundreds of member organizations across the region.
We believe that philanthropy is done best when done collaboratively and with excellence, and we foster a network across which our members generously help and support each other. We would like to see philanthropy drive meaningful impact on pressing regional issues.
Who We Serve
The Value of PSW:
PSW membership is about valuable connections and leading-edge learning that result in stronger philanthropy, both within your foundation and across our region. The challenges that people and communities in our region face are many and unique, and at PSW we believe that philanthropy, when done well, can be a huge part of the solution. That’s why we bring together many of the most talented, passionate, and diverse philanthropic leaders in the region, to learn from each other and help each other grow. Our members tell us that what they value most about PSW is:
- Relationships – they credit PSW for creating the most critical professional and diverse relationships they’ve made in their careers
- Professional Learning – they see us as the first stop for the professional development that their teams and boards need most
- Focus on the Southwest – they highly value our members’ unique perspective on and our proactive approach to addressing our region’s complex and difficult issues
- Advocacy – they are grateful to know that PSW is advancing the cause of philanthropy, with one strong voice, at all levels
- Innovation – while they know we value and promote best practices in philanthropy, they also count on us to stay on the leading edge in understanding, promoting, and helping to shape what’s next
- Diversity – they understand and embrace our belief that our diversity makes us stronger, and they value our commitment to honoring and including varied backgrounds, races, cultures, thought, values, and geographies