Founded in 1949, Philanthropy Southwest is the most enduring association of grantmakers in the United States. We are the premier philanthropy serving organization in the Southwestern United States, with hundreds of member organizations across the region.
We believe that philanthropy is done best when done collaboratively and with excellence, and we foster a network across which our members generously help and support each other. We would like to see philanthropy drive meaningful impact on pressing regional issues.
A thriving Southwestern U.S. through the power of collaborative philanthropy
We foster philanthropic excellence and trusted partnerships that impact our region’s most pressing issues.
Statement of Principles:
To realize our mission, Philanthropy Southwest is committed to the values that lie at the core of our work:
- Vision. Provide leadership and inspire forward thinking to strengthen the field of philanthropy
- Innovation. Embrace and encourage informed risk-taking that courageously advances new ways to achieve our goals
- Excellence. Advance philanthropy as a profession by seeking out, modeling and promoting effective and responsible philanthropy
- Connectivity. Bring together philanthropists, foundations and partners, fostering deep relationships to harness the power of a shared passion for social change
- Inclusivity. Provide a warm welcome to all members, guests, and partners, and ensure a safe environment in which all voices are heard
- Diversity. Actively seek out and engage individuals and organizations representative of the communities we serve who bring diversity of thought and are willing to work together toward a better future
- Learning. Mobilize effective philanthropy through the exchange of ideas, experiences, expertise, and data
- Independence. Affirm the value of philanthropy by promoting integrity, safeguarding donor intent, and advocating for a strong third sector