PSW On The Road - Fort Worth, TX
April 12, 2023
WHEN: Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- Networking Breakfast: 8:30-9:30 AM CT
- Program: 9:30-11:00 AM CT
WHERE: The Ashton Hotel, Fort Worth, TX
WHAT: The PSW Team is headed to four Southwest cities (Oklahoma City, Fort Worth, Denver and Santa Fe) to see you face-to-face and provide opportunities for local funders to connect over a networking breakfast and program.
Program Details: Economic and Social Impact of Philanthropy in the Southwest
PSW commissioned a study with Texas A&M Bush School’s Center for Nonprofits and Philanthropy to assess the impact of philanthropic giving across our 7-state region. This report includes economic data based on the value of philanthropic investments made into service areas (education, environment, health, etc.) of grantees. The study answers the question of What would happen if philanthropy was not there, and what the socio-economic impact on local communities in the US Southwest is. Through this research, the PSW network will be able to express comprehensively the overall value and significance of philanthropy in the region as well as to identify variations in the allocation of philanthropic giving patterns across regions and service areas. The study was sponsored by PNC Private Bank and The Dallas Foundation.
We also will hear from a few Fort Worth foundations on a collaboration project.
For the last five years, a group of Fort Worth foundations has collaborated on two key initiatives with an aim of building a brighter future for children, families, and local communities: The Best Place for Kids!® and The Best Place for Working Parents®. Fort Worth partners in these two efforts include The Miles Foundation, The Rainwater Charitable Foundation, The Morris Foundation, The North Texas Community Foundation, United Way of Tarrant County, the Mayor’s office, and 30 local healthcare, nonprofit and education community partners.
- About Best Place for Kids!®: The Best Place for Kids!® is Tarrant County’s whole-community approach to ensuring every child is on a path to learning and life success, from cradle to career. In October of 2022, Best Place for Kids!® launched the first-of-its-kind Parent Pass™ App, built together with 100 families in 9 diverse neighborhoods across Fort Worth. The Parent Pass™ App is a convenient, all-in-one resource for local families, built BY Fort Worth parents, FOR Fort Worth parents. From childcare to free neighborhood events and services, as well as mental health, free giveaways, and local educational opportunities from birth through high school, Parent Pass™ is the only app Fort Worth parents need. It is free to download and use: www.parentpass.app.
- About Best Place for Working Parents®: The Best Place for Working Parents® is a growing national network of business leaders proving that family-friendly is business friendly, through a 3-minute online self-assessment that highlights the top 10 research-backed policies proven to benefit working parents AND businesses’ bottom line. The Best Place for Working Parents® was built together with 100 local business leaders in 2019, launched in January of 2020 in Fort Worth, and has now expanded to 15 regions and 9 states across the U.S., with Best Place for Working Parents® businesses impacting over 2 million employees nationwide. The first National Trends Report was recently published together with SMU Center on Research & Evaluation, and the 2nd Annual National Summit will be hosted in Fort Worth May 3rd – 5th, 2023.
- Sara Redington, The Miles Foundation
- Leah King, United Way of Tarrant County
- Rose Bradshaw, North Texas Community Foundation
- Ximena Antunez de Mayolo, Rainwater Charitable Foundation
- Elizabeth Brands, The Morris Foundation
- Jay McCall, Rainwater Charitable Foundation (moderator)
OKC, February 1 | Fort Worth, April 12 | Denver, August 2 | Santa Fe, December 6