Grant Awards totaling $566,885 were recently announced by the San Angelo Health Foundation. Six area non-profit organizations were selected to receive project funding:
- Angelo State University: $100,000 to support its outreach efforts targeting first generation college students from the Concho Valley
- Ballinger Memorial Hospital District: $49,986 for a new portable X-ray unit
- Christoval Volunteer Fire Department: $105,000 toward a new fire truck
- East Concho Volunteer Fire Department: $49,944 to expand its existing fire house
- Howard College San Angelo: $217,341 for new technology
- United Way of the Concho Valley: $44,614 for its reading prevention program for SAISD kindergarten classroom and students
Applications for funding are accepted on a continuing basis. See sahfoundation.org for Guidelines for Grantseekers and "How to Apply for a Grant".