Complimentary Legal Services
PSW offers up to one complimentary hour of legal services per month ($620 value!) and a discounted rate for additional time billed provided by Polsinelli PC, an AmLaw 100 firm with 900 attorneys in 21 offices nationwide. There are five complimentary hours available each month, so members will need to take advantage of this benefit on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please contact Obi Asiama, Member Benefits Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PSW Advance - A program connecting PSW members to Sustainable Philanthropy resources and investment opportunities
Philanthropy Southwest is pleased to announce a partnership with the Sapphire Foundation that will bring Sustainable Philanthropy - principles and strategies that create sustainable, scalable solutions to community challenges - to funders and nonprofit organizations across the region.
Through PSW Advance, members can:
- Receive customized education for board members and staff on Sustainable Philanthropy-related topics. (Click here and help us prioritize topics.)
- Explore venture philanthropy and investing through access to plug-and-play funds that support your cause areas and geographies
- Invest in sustainable impact projects
- Create your own sustainable programs that investors and community funders can co-participate in
As part of our shared services offerings, members will have access to complimentary one-on-one Sustainable Philanthropy advisory sessions.
Please contact Tony Fundaro, President & CEO at Tony@philanthropysouthwest.org for more information.
How a North Texas Foundation Embraced New Principles and Strategies to Multiply Its Impact
- Can a foundation with approximately $1M in annual distributions mobilize resources to permanently solve critical community challenges?
- How can a funder help a grantee double its impact without doubling its fund raising?
- How can a grantmaker assist in developing self-sustaining programs and organizations?
With questions like these at the forefront, the Sapphire Foundation began to look at its work though a new lens: sustainability. The foundation:
- Added a non-family board member/Chief Impact Officer
- Launched the “Hello Grant” as a first step in developing an environment of sustainability with grantees
- Supported the creation of new programming that assists nonprofits to achieve sustainability and scalable impact
- Worked with partners to develop new investment vehicles that support the growth of sustainable impact organizations
As the work evolved, Board Members began to ask, “what are all the ways we can use our capital and other resources to create an ecosystem of sustainability?” The solution: Sustainable Philanthropy.
Sustainable Philanthropy is a set of principles and strategies to create sustainable, scalable solutions to community challenges. Different than “Impact Investing,” Sustainable Philanthropy includes a spectrum of tools that help funders leverage their capital, nonprofits become more sustainable, and for-profits create more impact. Grantmakers, impact investors, and innovators who are seeking ways to magnify their impact will benefit from learning about this approach.